Skincare Resolutions to Follow in 2013
It’s a new year, meaning a fresh opportunity to give your skincare regime a much-needed overhaul. After the Christmas parties and New Year’s Eve celebrations, January is the perfect time to implement some new beauty rules that will last the year. Banish those skin care beauty ruts and replace them with resolutions designed to create lovely, fresh-faced skin all year long:
1. Use an eye cream, and apply it correctly:
If you don’t use a separate eye cream by now, it’s time to start. Perfectly suited to the sensitive skin around the eyes, find a cream that de-puffs and revitalizes tired eyes. And remember; pat it on rather than pulling the skin.
2. Take targeted supplements:
Providing you with essential fatty acids, flax seed oil capsules can help with numerous skin problems, as well as soothing dry eyes. With a high omega 3 concentration they’re great brain food too.
3. Find the perfect day cream to suit your own needs and preferences:
You may like your moisturizers lightweight and fluid-like in texture, or maybe you have a preference for nurturing balms or creams. Luckily there’s plenty on offer, and even several versions of the same iconic products.
4. Stop scrubbing at your eyes and use a proper eye make-up remover:
Find a makeup remover that easily removes all traces of eye make-up (even waterproof mascara) and leaves no oily residue on the skin. Your skin will thank you.
5. Include oils in your beauty regime – they work!
It’s time to get over the notion that using oil on your skin makes it even more oily – in fact it helps it to balance itself.
6. Take advantage of skin-saving natural plant extracts and ingredients:
Look for a soothing facemask that harnesses the benefits of ingredients like aloe, kelp, lavender and rosewater – to hydrate and calm.
7. Be kind to your skin with gentle cleansers – nothing harsh or drying:
A gentle face wash should have a soothing, creamy consistency, foaming gently to leave the skin clean and supple.
8. Treat your skin to a decadent, hydrating moisturizer for winter:
An intensely hydrating cream is packed with plumping hyaluronic acid, amino acids and antioxidants.
For more information on how to achieve your best skin in 2013, contact Shapiro Skin Klinic.